In the first part of our article we listed 3 Melbourne art events that attract many artists. However, we did not mention Geoff Boney’s exhibition and NGV Festival. Below you will more information about these amazing events and dates.
4. Melbourne Winter Masterpieces (2017): a Van Gough Exhibition
Dates: 28/04/2017 to 09/07/2017
– Being one of the most prominent painters of the world, Van Gogh needs no introduction. You now have a chance to witness his iconic works, a total of SIXTY paintings live in your own city. This is the largest collection of Van Gogh canvases to have entered Australia! As an added bonus, this exhibition will be curated by the famous Sjraar van Heugten, who formerly headed the collections division at the Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam.- For bookings and further details, please visit the official website of the NGV or visit their centre located at 180, St Kilda Road, Melbourne.
5. New Sculptures by Geoff Bonney
Dates: 28/04/2017 to 07/05/2017
– International painter and sculpture Geoff Bonney is hosting his brand new collection of sculptures at Anvil studio, Melbourne. Inspired from various domains, like Aboriginal wood carvers, primitive African mask makers and even Picasso, his sculptures speak the language of art.- You can’t afford to miss this one folks! For more information, contact the artist at: http://geoffreybonney.com/contact/
6. NGV Festival of Photography
Dates: 31/03/2017 to 31/07/2017
– Exquisite is the word! The NGV (National Gallery of Victoria) is hosting its critically acclaimed Festival of Photography’ and you are invited!- Featuring spectacular works by world class artists like William Eggleston, Patrick Pound, Bill Henson, Zoë Croggon and Ross Coulter; this festival promises to be a major crowd puller.- For bookings and further details, please visit the official website of the NGV or visit their centre located at 180, St Kilda Road, Melbourne.
I hope you enjoyed reading this article. If there are art events that you would like us to list in our next post, feel free to post your comment below. We will be glad to hear from you!